iPhone 5 screen size update?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ShadyInversion, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ShadyInversion

ShadyInversion Design Team Member

Not a true bug but I was curious if there was going to be a patch to use the whole screen for the iPhone 5. For now it's just got black borders. Barely noticeable on my black phone but with the white ones it looks awkward.
  2. Simon Strange

Simon Strange Sunstone Games Staff

This is on my list - but it's not a high priority. Kaiju Combat keeps interrupting my mobile development work...
    JKorra likes this.
  3. JKorra

JKorra Design Team MONSTER Forum Moderator

sweet....on both counts! lol ;)
  4. Dessa

Dessa Design Team Member

i installed sunstones on an android device today (infact a odys next tablet) and it seems its chopped off, see attached screenshot.
    20121221101524061.jpg

the tablet is running cyanogenmod 10, which is android 4.1.2

(i hadn't have coffee today, that might be a relation to simple stuff beeing not so simple, but i have no idea what i could be doing wrong here? lol)

i seem to be unable to use it at this point :(
  5. Simon Strange

Hmmm - that's not a screen size / aspect ratio I supported. I wasn't aware of any devices with that shape when I was developing the game last year - is it a new device?

Sigh - one more thing to look into. If that a new standard screen type I should be able to get it working relatively quickly.
  6. Dessa

Dessa Design Team Member

the stock firmware of the tablet is from april 2012, so i'd say relatively new.
    however there were other rk2918-based tabs (rockchip) from this vendor and base of which i can't find releasedates of. but i'm quite positive that they are older given the fact they are running 2.3, but they use the same aspect ratio / resolution.

see here
  7. Dessa

Dessa Design Team Member

(double posting since the other post is quite old)

so it turns out there is a workaround (i even had an app installed for that, just didn't realize it works)

posting instructions for other people that might have this problem:
    1. change your device to "Portrait" orientation (i'm using "Rotation Control" for that, since it can also lock the orientation, which is useful if the motion sensor disagrees with your choice)
    2. start the game
    i cleaned the cache and data before starting it again, but it probably works without doing that.
  8. 525 TheGreyWolf

525 TheGreyWolf Design Team Grey Wolf

whats the differance from an iphone4 to an iphone5?
    Shnurbinator likes this.
  9. Simon Strange

The difference, in this case, was that Sun Stones assumes a portrait orientation, but the iPhone 5 supports apps which "lock" the screen into landscape orientiation - which doesn't play well with the game.
    Shnurbinator likes this.
  10. 525 TheGreyWolf

525 TheGreyWolf Design Team Grey Wolf

iphone 6 SUNSTONES KAIJU COMBAT EDITION!!!!
    Bambooshoots and Shnurbinator like this.