K.O.M.U., Kaiju Organs of Mass Utility

Discussion in 'Original Monster Submissions' started by AgentDrako, Mar 10, 2015.

1. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    Art Sketch by James Louderback
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Height:
    100 meters
    Weight: 39,00 metric tons
    Combat Style: Ranged
    Primary Attacks: Pulsating Burst, Mechanical Hands
    Secondary Attack: Red Mist, Tendril Whip
    Primary Weapon: Brain Wave Blast
    Secondary Weapon: Corrosive Spit
    Energy Style: Stamina
    Overview: Created by a group of scientists, K.O.M.D. was made with the intention of manufacturing an organic Kaiju from scratch, the experiment succeeded in a way but the group of test organs went beyond their control as they were being controlled by the central brain who had gained immense intelligence. Being hosted in a metallic body with organic features as well as some of the organs protruding from the body, it walks around freely without anything hindering its movements. The organs are unnaturally hardened and simply penetrating them will take significant effort.
    Origin: Kaiju were on the rise and although they had mechs, robots, and Anti-Kaiju Artillery (AKA) these methods were showing their weaknesses against certain types of Kaiju that threatened the world. Many of the things suffered errors in programming, sudden instances of failure, and the constant need of repairments, which cost quite a bit of supplies. That was when the idea of creating their own Kaiju came to light, if they could manufacture these creatures and use them in the fight then it may solve some of these issues and perhaps allow them to find out more about where these things come from and why do they exist. With all that, they decided to start development on this idea.

They did simple test at first, taking cells from pre-existing organisms and working on them to see if they can grow something ginormous from these simple cells. The first batch of tests were successful and they responded clearly to shocks. Muscles also clearly responded to certain commands and bone structures were hard. However they had begun to fear that simply taking pre-existing cells were to have their own downsides and so began to go in and edit the DNA and structure of the cells to create their very own organism. This part of the tests were failing with each creature; organs died either immediantely or from the shocks, muscles were incapable of moving, and the bones crumpled into dust. The problem was that the cells were being made from the ground up and so they did not have the knowledge of how to make these organs work right off the bat, though the process of teaching the cells the information they needed to make functional organic parts will take years to perfect and years it did take. After around 10 years of working on this project they finally gotten the internal parts functioning perfectly, though with the way things seem to be going it will take 10 more years to create the exterior parts of an organic creature and all the extra functions such as eyes, some type of skin or scales, and other various parts. Time they did not have though as they needed to show results to the board members to show that they were making progress in creating organic Kaiju from scratch, so they went and quickly made a hollowed-out robot to host the internal parts that they had successfully made.

The organs had to get used to this body though, learn how to move it and the different functions it can accomplish with it, this took numerous months to learn and process and the deadline was closing in closely till the board members came to check up on things. One thing they did not account for was the fact that the brain was fully capable of thinking on its own and it decided that it should not be confined to these spaces anymore and actually go out and explore the word on its own. The deadline came and the creation had escaped prior to their arrival. The scientist did their best to explain that they had succeeded in creating internal organs in the length of 10 years, the board decided that this project was too time-consuming and would not be effective in the long run. The project was shut down but capture of the experiment that escaped was ordered, to this day K.O.M.D. is still out there exploring the world that they never seen.

Energy System: K.O.M.D. regains energy overtime though the longer it stands still the faster the energy will regenerate, it is a standard stamina setup.
    Grappling: K.O.M.D.'s grappling is at an average rate so there isn't a guarantee that their grappling will be successful or not. If they do try to grapple it will cause some damage to them so it is wise to avoid grappling while possible.

Ranged Combat: Ranged combat is where K.O.M.D. excels at. Among its attacks are Pulsating Burst, an AOE which sends a ring outwards for a shot distance, harming whoever is hit by the ring. Red Mist, which emits from the lungs that are not used for basic functions, is spewed from the mouth of the robot and it poisons anyone who is in the mist. Brain Wave Blast is when K.O.M.D.'s brain releases a wave that harms its opponents and causes slight confusion to the opponents hit by the wave. Finally there is Corrosive Spit which causes major damage to Kaiju directly hit by it and a debuff which slowly deals damage to them, a small puddle of the spit will also spawn which anyone who wanders in it will take damage for however long they stay in the spit.
    Melee Combat: Melee is where K.O.M.D. is at their weakest as the only attacks they have are its hands which it can use to punch enemies and the fleshy vain that protrudes from one of it's hands that it can use to lash at any opponents.
    Weaknesses: K.O.M.D. is generally weak in close-quarters combat and relies on keeping distance away from its opponents to attack or stay safe, so the best bet is to get up close to them and attack them head-on rather than staying at a distance.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Asura

Asura Unofficial Updater of the CKC TV Tropes Page

Kaiju Coins:
    Sounds interesting... looking forward to artwork.

3. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    OP updated with some art. It may not be the best nor the best representation of it but at least it is something right

Shashi, Grendel.Exe and Asura like this.
  4. Grendel.Exe

Grendel.Exe dont let life pass you by

Kaiju Coins:
    a very interesting kaiju drak living flesh sounds almost zombie like to me

5. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    Just dropping by for some new K.O.M.D. art
    [​IMG]
    Created by James Louderback

Asura and Shashi like this.
  6. Grendel.Exe

Kaiju Coins:
    whats the color design gonna be like

Asura likes this.
  7. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    I will have to say I haven't fully thought of that yet. Part of me wants the colors to be more grey and the other part of me wants it to be a bit colorful

8. spyro1101

spyro1101 Well-Known Member

Kaiju Coins:
    dang this guy looks amazing i like the concept

9. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    Thanks

10. spyro1101

spyro1101 Well-Known Member

Kaiju Coins:
    you're welcome may attempt art later

11. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    Alright, will look forward to it

12. Grendel.Exe

Kaiju Coins:
    you could do one grey and one color and have people vote to see which one they prefer

13. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    Updated the Origin and Overview of K.O.M.D., decided to try a different approach with it this time around. Instead of going with the idea of the organs being destructive and sole purpose is causing harm I decided to make the organs more curious and observant of the world it was born it but never could see due to being confined in a lab.
    Here's the old origin for comparison, tell me which one you prefer:

Will be updating everything else shortly as well as making some art with two different color schemes so I can see which one people prefer.

Shashi likes this.
  14. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    New image by me everyone, decided not to do another color scheme:
    [​IMG]

Shashi likes this.
  15. Shashi

Shashi Well-Known Member

Kaiju Coins:
    I like the new origin much more, and ColourMapster would gladly help it to adjust to the world and it's mechanical body :) :thumbsup

AgentDrako likes this.
  16. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    Thanks, glad you enjoy the new origin. Back when I wrote the original origin I wasn't the best of it and I had a habit making Kaiju out to destroy life. So I decided to write this creature as more as a curious lifeform that was made on our world but never saw what the world has to offer and not as organs who seemingly have no purpose to kill off humanity.

Bet K.O.M.D. would gladly accept ColourMapster's help, but aren't you worried that they will mistake CM as a resident of Earth?

Shashi likes this.
  17. Shashi

Shashi Well-Known Member

Kaiju Coins:
    Ah, I see. Most of the monsters made here seem to be very destructive, so it's always good to see another neutral/potentially harmless kaiju join the mix :biggrin

??? Well, I believe CM will be able to to sift through the confusion and explain where it's been throughout the galaxy, and feed K.O.M.D.'s curiousity even further :)

AgentDrako likes this.
  18. AgentDrako

AgentDrako PECK!

Kaiju Coins:
    Quick question everyone, since K.O.M.D.'s name means Kaiju Organs of Mass Destruction which was made to reflect the origin should the name be changed and any suggestions?

Considering that the new origin makes them a lot more passive and way less destructive I feel that the current name no longer fits them anymore.

Shashi likes this.
  19. Shashi

Shashi Well-Known Member

Kaiju Coins:
    You know, I was wondering about that myself, but figured that since you didn't say anything at the time, I assumed you were okay with keeping the name as it is. Perhaps you could change it to Kaiju Organs of Mass Utility aka K.O.M.U., since that would reflect the new origin nicely? Just a thought :p

20. cmeyer9542

cmeyer9542 Well-Known Member

Kaiju Coins:
    Like the origin, reminds me of my monster Tricerack. He was also created as an anti-kaiju weapon as an alternate to mechs.