Play CKC online via Lackey!

Discussion in 'CKC Trading Cards and Combat Deck discussion!' started by Simon Strange, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:27 PM.

1. Simon Strange

Simon Strange Sunstone Games Staff Staff Member Forum Moderator Theme Team!

Kaiju Coins:
    I have an alpha version of the CKC TCG working online via Lackey. If you are reasonably comfortable with computers, please feel free to test it out, and leave feedback. Looking for playability, clarity, and instructions feedback at this time.

There is a lot Lackey can do, but there is also a lot it CANNOT do. So let's try to focus on the possible!

HOW TO INSTALL LACKEY:

1 - Go to www.lackeyccg.com and download the PC or Mac or Linux client, depending on your platform.
    2 - Alternatively, you can buy Lackey on the Apple App store. (It does cost money, so you might want to wait for us to get out of Alpha first.
    3 - Sadly, there is no Android version.
    4 - However, all versions can play against one another! (Assuming all of them are bug-free)

HOW TO INSTALL THE CKC PLUGIN:

1 - At the top of the Lackey window, you will see several tabs. (Game, Deck Editor, Server, etc) Open the Plugin tab.
    2 - In the auto-update plugin field, paste the following: http://kaijucombat.com/lackey/updatelist.txt
    3 - Hit the "install or update from URL" button, and wait! Voila!

HOW TO LOAD A DECK:

Four starter decks are ready for you to load.

1 - Go to the "Deck Editor" tab.
    2 - Click on the "Browse" button near the top.
    3 - Select any of the 4 starter decks, and hit "Choose"
    4 - Try repeating this process with the 3 other decks... (optional)
    5 - Now go back to the "Game" tab.
    6 - right-click on a player and select "Load Recent Deck" - and pick a deck. (If you opened only one deck, you'll see only one option here. If you opened all four, you'll see four options.)
    7 - Pull your team card from the Glory Pile onto the table. Pull your kaiju from your Combat Discard onto the table. Add Power to your starting 10 equal to your bonus.
    8 - You are ready to play!

HOW TO HOST / JOIN A GAME

1 - Go to the "server" tab.
    2 - Join the matchmaking server.
    3 - You'll see a list of other people on the server who have CKC loaded, and a list of CKC games in progress! Select a game in progress to join, or observe.
    4 - Or just host a game! You'll need to name it. And as host you can "add seats" to support more than 2 players.

Plenty of Lackey-specific tips could still be written about. There are tutorials online, and we'll collect some good FAQs here as well.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 2:11 PM
  2. evil lampost

evil lampost Crumpets and Tea

Kaiju Coins:
    Choosing each starter deck seems to be working just fine, everything appears where it should. One thing I will note is that I'm not sure if Sutora's ability has been updated like the rest of the kaiju's ones have. It says that if your chosen attack card is 'correct' (whatever that may mean), then you should add a damage token. Add to what exactly? The opponent? The card? It's quite confusing.

I'll get to playing out a game with a test dummy soon as well.

Edit: Apart from the lack of being able to use Ferocity/Agility tokens (which makes calculating how much of each stat a kaiju has at any given time in combat much easier), it works very well. Another thing I found though was that in the area where you draw planning/combat cards above your deck slots in the Game section there may be a typo with 'Discard Combat' (cards?). Pretty sweet overall though :thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 6:20 AM
    Shashi likes this.
  3. HiddenElephant

HiddenElephant Here For The Story

Kaiju Coins:
    Huh. Neat. Now I kinda want all the stuff to go up so I can see if'n I can't make my own deck.

Shashi likes this.
  4. Simon Strange

Kaiju Coins:
    I put my used combat cards in a row next to my fighter - that allows me to track Ferocity & Agility without using counters. Easy to discard them as a group after combat, too.

I'm trying to keep the screen as clear as possible. Some plugins have 25 buttons for moving cards between everywhere possible - and I find them very visually cluttered. Short button names and as few buttons as possible was my goal. But if we do some playtest and want changes - they are easy to make.

Shashi and evil lampost like this.
  5. Chickenman456

Chickenman456 Design Team Member, Creator of Bubbles & Neko

Kaiju Coins:
    It works! I... think? Last time I played this game was in person with Simon, in which I've failed miserably. I dislike Lackey's UI, but once you get passed that the game loads fine.

Shashi likes this.
  6. Slither234

Slither234 Well-Known Member

Kaiju Coins:
    Got it running, not all the card images are uploaded so it's kind of strange.

Shashi and Lenbo like this.
  7. Simon Strange

Kaiju Coins:
    The first time you mouse over a card, it fetches the image. So after 1-2 seconds it should be there.

Takes a while, but eventually you have everything. And it allows the game to load quickly.

Shashi likes this.
  8. JKorra

JKorra Design Team MONSTER

Kaiju Coins:
    I have done this multiple times
    [​IMG]
    But nothing is showing up in either "browse plugins" or the deck editor tab

Shashi likes this.
  9. Simon Strange

Kaiju Coins:
    Huh. In your lackey directory, look for the plugins folder, and see if there is a CKC folder. If there is, delete it and try again?

I've done this several times, and it's worked for other folks, so I encourage you to try to troubleshoot it some.

Presumably this is on PC?

Shashi likes this.
  10. JKorra

Kaiju Coins:
    Yes, it is on PC, and no, there is no CKC folder created. I'll try again later

Shashi likes this.
  11. JKorra

Kaiju Coins:
    I had to run the game as admin :cigar

Lenbo and Shashi like this.
  12. Simon Strange

Kaiju Coins:
    So, I just had a mental image of Exterminus - hundreds of feet tall, cyborg menace, explaining to me that he "had to run as administrator" to get his online game profile functional...

13. thegiantankylomon

thegiantankylomon cool creator of deltasaur and design team

Kaiju Coins:
    pretty cool. i might get it on my mac that i am using right now

Shashi likes this.
  14. Shashi

Shashi Well-Known Member Kaiju Benefactor

Kaiju Coins:
    :biggrin XD :hilarious :roflmao

15. HiddenElephant

Kaiju Coins:
    FINALLY played a game. Well, a good portion of a game.
    Simon, please put all the stuff up. I want to make my own deck.

Shashi likes this.
  16. Simon Strange

Kaiju Coins:
    Today and Tuesday are "very busy" days for me. But I'll get back on Kaiju imports this Wednesday.

Look at the deck builder, and let me know what sort of data you wish was present there. Combat costs? Stats? More type data? Something else?

17. HiddenElephant

Kaiju Coins:
    It'd be nice to know, for the Kaiju, what types they were, like subterranean, solitary, or invader. This would make it easier to compare the kaiju and see who could fit into a team card easier.