Discussion in 'Kaiju General' started by nifanatic, Aug 18, 2016.
Im not sure what to say exactly except im getting some prometheus vibes from the picture is that monster island and is that a spaceship i guess only time will tell
Also main website http://godzilla-anime.com/index.html
I'm really hoping for best possible case scenario where we get a new Toho Movie series, Legendary's Series, and a Anime series all for Gajiller. But maybe I'm being a bit greedy
An anime movie?
Clearly this will be a reboot of the original Godzilla cartoon and will finally gives us a dark and edgy reboot version of Godzooky.
I wouldn't mind that one bit
If Urobuchi's in charge... this is gonna be DARK.
I asked for this, and now it's happening!
Anyone got an accurate translation of the text in the popups on the site?
This'll be interesting.
Imo no we already had this dark stuff covered with shin godzilla i want something different
Oh puh-leez, one can never have too much dark Godzilla stuff
not enough dark Godzilla, unless they get weird with it like GMK did and have guardian holy beasts fighting a Godzilla made out of the souls of dead soldiers.
A bit less excited for this now seeing the studio attached to this, but I'll keep an open mind. I dislike the idea of the film using 3D animation, but I'll wait until I see some of the theatrical work behind this studio.
A few thoughts off the top of my head:
1. I was really hoping that Studio Khara would be working on this, especially after seeing the recent Evangelion films and Power Plant No. 33.
2. Definitely a nitpicky personal bias, but I feel Kazunori Ito would have been the perfect writer for this, seeing that he was worked on both well received anime and kaiju films, such as Ghost in the Shell and the Heisei Gamera trilogy.
3. I think Kaoru Wada would be a great composer for a Godzilla anime, having done the score for Inuyasha as well as being one of Ifukube's pupils.
4. I'm iffy on the promotional image released, doesn't feel like Godzilla to me. I could see it working though if there is a big focus on making a fantastic world. I could see a world covered in primordial jungles full of kaiju with occasional futuristic fortress cities. Maybe play it out like a blend of Power Plant No. 33, a high concept IDW G miniseries, and just a dash of Nausicaa.
5. This an Shin Gojira show me that Toho is now stepping out of its comfort zone, which is a good sign for me. I hope in this we get another new Godzilla design as well as some new monsters for him to fight. With this being animated, I'm hoping for some pretty dynamic battles.
Watch it end up like this.
which would make it the same as the other two animated Godzilla series really.
1: Random "scientists" getting involved in diverse things they clearly can't be experts in ALL of, keep randomly running into giant monsters that would kill them if they didn't have a magic pager that somehow summons Godzilla from any nearby body of water...seriously he can't fit in all the one's used.
2: Not as random scientists are actually looking for giant monsters, Godzilla is imprinted on one guy...but can also be called using a robot gag.
*but both are similar groups, on a boat traveling the world where Godzilla fights other giant monsters*
I dont see how it would seeing its being made in japan and by a guy who makes pretty dark things apparently
hypothesis, that the thing in the picture with its landing gear really looks like a Space craft.
this is the far future: the survivors of humanity had fled to space as the Earth had become taken over by Kaiju, (or the Godzilla spawn), and have returned to Earth to examine it...or possibly try and take it back.
Now I want art of the Shadow the Hedgehog cover except with a dark, edgy Godzooky.
And almost everyone dies.
Separate names with a comma.